The Wall Street Journal is reporting that confidence in Obama is rapidly dropping. Obama’s numbers have now dropped to the point that they are lower than President Bush in this point in 2001. His net approval rating was as low as +6% this week according to Rasmussen. The article points out multiple signs of trouble in the polling data:
- A third strongly disapprove of Obama’s performance.
- Obama has lost nearly all Republican support and a large portion of Independant support.
- Support is dropping more rapidly than other Presidents of the 20th and 21st centuries.
- 83% are concerned Obama’s policies will not improve the economy.
- 82% are worried about the growing deficit.
- 78% are concerned about inflation.
- 69% are worried about Government’s increasing role in the economy.
- Less should have been spent on the stimulus according to a 3-to-1 margin.
- Obama’s budget is opposed by a 46% to 41% margin.
- Voters reject Pelosi’s idea of a second stimulus by a 2-to-1 margin.
- The feeling is that the mortgage bailout will unfairly benefit the irresponsible by 48% to 36%.
- 45% do not have confidence in the direction Obama is taking.
- Less than half suport increasing taxes for expanded health-insurance (17% less support than 1993).
- Only 20% support the most recent bank bailout.
Posted under Economy
Written by admin on March 13, 2009