Cincinnati Tea Party Pictures

NOTE: I’ve noticed a lot of people are finding this article while looking for photos from the April 15, 2009 event. If you want April 15 info, click here to go to that article!!!

Here are some photographs of the Cincinnati Tea Party. My appologies on the quality of the photos. I am normally a decent photographer, but somehow I had the settings horribly wrong on the camera but did not realize it. Everything came out completely overexposed, but I’ve edited them as best I can. My goal on the photo editing was to make the signs as readable as possible.

I took these photos mostly the 30-60 minutes prior to the event. The crowd sizes in these photos were probably half of what they were at the peak.  (Update: Official numbers came in at 5000 attending!!!) A very good turnout and a very friendly crowd.

I don’t have many photos of the speakers due to the fact my family and I were sitting in the back of the square. There was a solid mass of people in the square and some were spilling out beyond the square.

Several links to more feedback/photo pages are available on Michelle Malkin’s site.

A huge thanks to Mike Wilson for organizing the event. I that a lot of money was spent to pull off this event (not to mention the time). I encourage everyone that can to make a donation to Cincinnati Tea Party.

I also have to add this photo… This was posted to Instapundit and was taken by Chris Blanchard. They’re my kids though, so I’m taking the liberty to re-post this here while passing credit on the shot to him!

Join 136 feed subscribers and subscribe to this blog with an RSS reader!

Posted under Misc

Written by admin on March 15, 2009

Tags:

More Posts

19 Comments so far

1. Machiavelli March 15, 2009 9:46 pm

Greetings my fellow Cincinnatian! Thanks for the comment at my site.

I was down there also and thought the turnout was great.

Did you see the reporter at WCPO said he was spat upon and chased from the square? http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story/Cincinnati-Tea-Party-Demonstrates-Downtown/QjyeJF5u3Emp_dJSU9HiYw.cspx

Was he scared by the children? The thousands of middle class surbanites? Or just opinion he couldn’t stomach?

Honestly, that was the most well behaved crowd I’ve ever seen and it was the first time I’ve felt safe downtown since the riots.

2. admin March 15, 2009 9:48 pm

Thanks for the link. I heard rumors of it over on freerepublic but didn’t see any confirmations yet. I went to the Palin rally in West Chester back in October and this crowd was even less rowdy (and I wouldn’t have called the Palin one rowdy either).

3. GF March 16, 2009 12:19 am

Just think, if you could get nine additional people for ever single person that showed up to this protest, you would have enough people to fill a very small football stadium!

4. katablog.com March 16, 2009 12:31 am

Wonderful job Cincinnati!

5. Harrison March 16, 2009 1:24 am

Ironically, the Boston Tea Party happened because tariffs on tea were LOWERED not raised. Therefore, these people are protesting for the wrong reasons. Great photos though!

6. admin March 16, 2009 6:05 am

The English government was still in debt from the war it had fought against France and felt the colonies should help pay for it. England was also spending large sums of money for British soldiers stationed in the American Colonies. England raised taxes in America to try and get money to pay back its debt. Patriot leaders were against any internal tax they they did not consent to. John Adams was one of the staunchest leaders who fought against these taxes. He successfully argued against the stamp act a few years earlier. One of the taxes that England raised was on tea imported into the American Colonies. Tea was one of the most imported products in America and England hoped it could raise a lot of money this way. A few Americans were opposed to the tax and issued this as a protest.

Source

7. Jason Gillman March 16, 2009 8:37 am

Awesome pictures!

ALSO I am not surprised that it was a friendly crowd. This comes as no surprise, as it is usually the busy bodies on the left who tend to be more uptight and rude. In Lansing last month, I also noted the friendliness of the attending folks. I will be glad to see them in Lansing again on the 15th for the NATIONAL rally as well.

GREAT WORK!!

8. Dave J. March 16, 2009 9:32 am

I was at the Cincinnati Tea Party with my family, and we had a blast. People in this town are JAZZED UP! We’re sick to death of being ignored and scorned and taken for granted in D.C. Obama and his lib lackies are pushing just a little too far, a little too fast, and we’re not going to take it anymore. The SECOND AMERICAN REVOLUTION is now underway!

9. Sadie March 16, 2009 11:56 am

That’s just awesome! Great job! I’m not surprised one bit at the good demeanor of the crowd, actually. It’s the left-wing nut-jobs who tend to get overly worked up and out of hand in situations like this, while us Republicans can protest without injuring anyone in the process.

10. Jenny Bea March 16, 2009 12:56 pm

Hello Patriots!!!

Please spread the word-

CONNECTICUT- Ridgefield, this Saturday, March 21st, 10:00am on the corner of Main and Bailey. God Bless you all that were able to support this and please help spread the word for our Connecticut event- it’s a small state, so anyone around should show up…

Also the following weekend is Stamford, CT… 10:00am, corner of Broad street and Bedford (at the library.)

Please help us get our numbers up!

I want to personally thank you all who supported the Cincinnati event and all the ones coming up!!! USA! USA! USA!!!

11. James R. Tokarski March 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Hurray for Ohio and It’s well attended “Tea Party”. To make sure the media will cover these events and that all government entities get the massage, which as I look around, they are not, we need to double the size of these gatherings each and ever place they are held. We may not have to be so nice and peaceful for them to finally get it! A real revolution may be necessay next step, where we throw out all the bumbs and insert some true Reaganites, from the bottom to the very top, the very very top. Do I hear any yeas of approval?

12. leah March 16, 2009 2:17 pm

that tea party looked like a good time. i hope the one in baton rouge louisiana on the 15th is too. we had a bunch of we surround them parties in south louisiana and they were awesome. good for families. i have my signs ready for april 15th and i am ready to go. god bless all of you who are fighting the good fight. thanks as one american to another.
    TAX DAY TEA PARTY- APRIL 15TH 2009- BATON ROUGE LOUISIANA- STEPS OF THE CAPITOL- 12-3 PM
    LETS PARTY LIKE ITS 1773 AMERICA!

13. admin March 16, 2009 2:22 pm

Be sure to come back and give some reports on how your Tea Parties go. Hopefully the turnout in Cincinnati will encourage other cities to get out and stop being the silent majority!!!

14. Harrison March 16, 2009 9:18 pm

Here is what happened regarding tea:

In response to this, the British government passed the Tea Act, which allowed the East India Company to sell tea to the colonies directly and without “payment of any customs or duties whatsoever” in Britain, instead paying the much lower American duty. This tax break allowed the East India Company to sell tea for half the old price and cheaper than the price of tea in England, enabling them to undercut the prices offered by the colonial merchants and smugglers granting them a virtual monopoly.

In other words, it was a bailout that LOWERED taxes not raised them!

15. admin March 16, 2009 10:24 pm

A tax on tea would be maintained, but the company would actually be able to sell its tea for a price that was lower than before. A MONOPOLY doesn’t allow for competition. As such the British East India Company could lower its prices.

The colonists, Lord North hoped, would be happy to receive cheaper tea and willing to pay the tax. This would have the dual result of saving the tea company and securing compliance from Americans on the tax issue. It was a brilliant plan. There was, of course, one major flaw in his thinking.

The colonists saw through this thinly veiled plot to encourage tax payment. Furthermore, they wondered how long the monopoly would keep prices low.

Source: http://www.ushistory.org/us/9f.asp

Wikipedia has lost all credibility anyhow… Besides, if you ask me, this is all a red herring. The important matter is WHAT is being protested, not the name of it!

16. Ming March 17, 2009 2:33 am

I wish I would’ve known about this! I will try to be at the April 15th one and will bring who I can! What time will it start/end (I’m in Columbus)? Obama was here a couple of weeks ago patting himself on the back for saving 25 jobs for 1 yr. I was wishing there was a tea party when he was here. What about someone organizing one here? I wonder if Sarah Palin would show up at any of these tea parties?

17. Dave J. March 17, 2009 9:12 am

For more about the April 15 event in Cincinnati you can go to http://www.cincinnatiteaparty.org. However there will also be events that day in Canton, Dayton and Cleveland as part of a nationwide Tax Day protest. For more details go to http://www.taxdayteaparty.com.

18. SCOOMBS March 17, 2009 12:13 pm

APRIL 15TH TEA PARTY@ YOUR LOCAL POST OFFICE—THE ONE OPEN LATE–BRING YOUR SIGNS—3PM TILL DARK—IF YOU BUILD IT………..

19. Elizabeth March 18, 2009 9:37 am

I was proud to be on Fountain Square Sunday. Though I am sad to say I was voicing these concerns throughout the election, knowing what the 3 Stooges would do if Obama were elected. I warned of these things until I turned blue to no avail. Now that we have One Big Awful Mistake in America, I am at least not alone in protesting. There is strength in numbers, and we ARE the people so keep the movement rolling! Planning to go to City Hall on April 15th, and attend Lexington’s Tea Party on April 18th.

Trackbacks