12 Year Old Speaking on Abortion

Came across this video.  Very eloquent young lady!

Join 102 feed subscribers and subscribe to this blog with an RSS reader!

Posted under Misc

Written by admin on February 18, 2009

Tags: ,

More Posts

10 Comments so far

1. Caledonian Jim February 19, 2009 5:24 am

The video says more about the power of indoctrination than it does about the merits or otherwise of abortion.

2. Grissom February 19, 2009 9:07 am

Indoctrination? You don’t think a 12 year old is capable of learning about an issue and deciding on her own? It is obvious that she considered both sides of the argument and came to an informed decision. Her points are well thought out.

My guess is that the only reason you think it is indoctrination is because it is a pro-life view. If you can’t debate on the merits of the argument, attack the character, right?

3. Caledonian Jim February 19, 2009 1:31 pm

A 12 year old has very limited experience of life, no experience of adult life, and to suggest that her views are relevant in relation to an adult subject like abortion is ridiculous.

She can have no understanding of adult scenarios and feelings, no appreciation of the issues affecting adults day-to-day, and quite frankly her parroted views are irrelevant. Whether she is pro-life is therefore also irrelevant to the debate. You might as well ask a 12 year old about embyro research – and I’ve no doubt if we asked the girl featured we’d get the same bigotted party line.

4. Grissom February 19, 2009 2:00 pm

So you can’t debate her views on their merits and are forced to debate her age. Thanks for the clarification.

5. Caledonian Jim February 20, 2009 6:11 am

Why should an adult regard the views of a 12 year old on an adult issue as having merit ?

You might as well ask a 12 year old about menopause. The only pronouncements a kid can make on such issues are those handed down to them. It’s the way all bigotry and inflexible thinking are fostered and maintained. A parrot can speak, but that doesn’t mean it understands what it’s saying.

6. Grissom February 20, 2009 6:12 pm

So, your opinion is only valid if you have first hand experience? That really limits what you can form an opinion on. I can see it now: “Since you have not been a victim of a drunk driver your viewpoints on drunk driving are invalid! You are simply speaking from bigotry and inflexible thinking when you speak out against drunk driving!” I’m sorry, but that is simply an archaic way of thinking.

You don’t know this girl, you have no idea of her life experiences, you have no idea how intelligent she is, and frankly you have no right to judge her. There is no “magic age” that entitles one to have an opinion on abortion. You have the opportunity to debate the content of her statements and instead you choose to attack her as an individual. You are unable to debate her viewpoints so you resort to ageism in a misguided attempt to dismiss them as invalid. As I already said, thanks for the clarification, but there is no need to beat a dead horse.

7. Tonya February 21, 2009 8:48 am

As someone who has actually had an abortion I can say that this girl is insightful well past her years! A lot of what she said hit home with me. What I did will haunt me the rest of my life. It is disgusting that Jim is so arrogant that he just disregards the opinions of this girl.

8. Mommy Koz February 24, 2009 10:38 am

I disagree that a 12 year old can’t formulate her own opinion on abortion. It isn’t an ‘adult issue’ when you remove the politics that have masked the facts of what abortion factually is.

Abortion is the voluntary ending of the life of an unborn baby.

I’m 9 mos pregnant, due in a couple weeks and even my 6 yr old child knows there is a baby growing in my stomach. What’s so adult about that?

9. brouije April 11, 2009 9:04 am

At 12 years old, many girls already have their period. Many girls 12 years old and younger are sexually active and can get pregnant.The first option presented to them is abortion. They’re never to young to know. Unfortunately, this girl probably has more information than women are given when they go for an abortion.

10. Tim March 3, 2011 6:43 pm

What’s funny is she has less experience than us, yet she is more wise. I swear, America gets more dumb and more selfish as we approach the future. We think we’re so smart, yet we are so wicked as people. We are for everything destructive, yet hide behind things that don’t really matter, but seem to be a good cause. Like trying to save an already dead earth rather than another person’s soul from hell. There is so much guilt people bare later in life after having an abortion, as well.

Fixed My Grammer.